Sunday, October 21, 2007

Beautiful Spirits

Here's an old entry I dug up from my blog which I didn't post... just to share with you all... Sorry, been a little too busy to actually write anything but I assure you that I will once I settle into my job. haha. Here goes..
___________________________________________________________________

I know I should be studying.
I know I have a lot of writing up for my research to do.
I know that I have a long list of things to accomplish.
Work work work.

But I couldn't resist spending the afternoon reading away... reading some of my old friends' blogs and before I knew it, the sun had slipped beneath the horizon. Well, I don't have much time to spare considering I've wasted a good deal of time and time is of essence.. TIME MANAGEMENT was the biblical teaching we got on Friday... which I'll share another time...

I just felt compelled to write something now. As I kept on reading, I was extremely captivated by some of their writings not because they were funny, not because they were so depressingly sad, not because of sacarstic humour, but because it was just plain beautiful words speaking about God and life. Every story was inspiring. Uplifting. And I thought of all the people in life that I knew...

Some were beautiful physically. Some were beautiful inside. Who lives a better life?

She, fortunately, has both.

I gaze upon people like these...gentle and quiet souls... with the Spirit of God speaking volumes in their life and I wish I could be like them. I have yet to know my gift and role to play in God's house.

I've always wanted to do more. Serve God. Climb higher. Do this. Do that. I wanted to progress leaps and bounds. I wanted to be BUSY serving God. But then I am reminded...

The story of Jesus visiting Martha and Mary. Martha was busy preparing food for Jesus. Mary merely sat at his feet and listened to his teaching. And then he told Martha that she was being needlessly busy and that Mary had done the most important thing : LISTEN. She had sthg no one could ever take away from her...God's Word.

And so i learn to be patient. Not to want to do things in my own time but to still my restless spirit and LISTEN. For it is the most important thing that anyone can do...for you can still serve and lose your way...but we need to constantly LISTEN... and before I can progress anymore.. I need to LISTEN...

4 comments:

lingZZ' said...

very good aster. jus what was preached in church last sunday.
"Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

something that will not be taken away from us. God's Word.

@ster said...

really? was preached in church? hahaha.. didn't know that..

BenYong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BenYong said...

Sorry, typo, Thank you Esther for the very encouraging post! I'm in a period of question over the spirituality in my life and my relationship with God, so this is indeed a well timed post. Keep it up.