Monday, September 3, 2007

The Mirror From Heaven...

The Mirror From Heaven


I had a dream one beautiful night

The air was calm and the stars were bright

I was walking along a beautiful beach

And saw a mirror far out of reach

A light from heaven shone brightly at it

And made it float right to my feet

I looked down at it and saw my reflection

And picked it up all wet from the ocean


I was given a mirror, not knowing the use

But if it were from heaven I could never refuse

I saw myself with a mask in the mirror

And I screamed out loud from all the terror

I immediately knew what it meant

So I dropped to my knees and started to repent

It showed me who I really was inside

A person who came to church only to have lied


I woke up early that morning and immediately got down to pray

I knew I had to change my life on that very fine day

God spoke to me and finally made me listen to every word

He gave me a chance to change my life and made me look forward

Now I come to church not only for the friends and all the fun

But to mainly build a relationship with God’s own son

I sing hymns to praise God, rejoicing in His name

So believe me my friends, Christianity is real, not a game


~~~~~~~

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I do question myself. Just the other day, I was sharing with Jon about my thoughts, worries, doubts, whatever you may wanna call it...

As a worship leader, much is expected of you... you are put in a place to lead the church into worship, you are stood in front of the congregation (with their beady eyes all on you) and expected to lead them into worship. If you are good at it, you would earn praises.

Are they praising me? or praising God's work through me?

Am I a worship leader because i wanna LEAD a worship session... or is it to satisfy myself by earning the respect of others as well as gain popularity within the church? Are my motives to serve the church right in the eyes of God? or am i just doing these things for the wrong reasons?

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out whether these thoughts are really from me... or whether it's the devil putting them into me. Obviously, my faith is being tested and i intend to win the fight.

So God, i pray that you will give me the strength to overcome all my doubts and worries!

Well, other than that... i'm perfectly happy and contented with life! :P

Cheers!




1 comment:

peasantboy said...

hey ed.

i just wanted to say, that i've learned that the person who does not question are the ppl who have the wrong motives. as long as u realize and continue to want to worship God, i believe He sees it la. so don't worry too much about it, and take in the lie that you are doing it the wrong way. don't let it stand in the way of you worshiping God with your full potential